Friday, August 31, 2012

Hitting Bottom and Finding My "Want to"

Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you can start climbing your way out of the pit.  That's what happened on Wednesday (two days ago).  The past year has been so exciting for me.  After my revision surgery last October, I began to be able to enjoy foods I haven't been able to eat in years.  I did good controlling my weight for a while.  But in six months I have packed on about 22 pounds.  My clothes just keep getting tighter and tighter and I just keep eating and eating.  I rescheduled my follow up with Dr. Long's office this week because I was not about to go in there 15 lbs heavier than I was just 2 months ago.  Can we say "out of control!!!"?

Our business trip to Phoenix is just 16 days away.  When I realized this on Wednesday, I had a melt down.  I do not want to go out there and have to wear uncomfortable "fat" dress clothes.  But, I am going to have no choice.  Right then and there I made the choice to do something about it.  I asked my friend Jamie to pray for me (she knows how I struggle), I prayed for myself, I claimed victory in this battle in the name of Jesus, and set my short term goal of 5-10 lbs before September 16.  I have already revved up my workouts, so I know this is entirely possible if I gain some self control where eating is concerned.  I have found my "want to".

Last summer, a few of my neighborhood friends read and discussed a book called "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst.  I began rereading the book this week and early on she talks about finding your "want to".  To be successful in this journey, I have got to stay focused on my "want to".  With lots of prayer and the support of my husband and friend(s), I will be back in my size 14s again one day.  Maybe I'll even make it to a 12 this time.  Wouldn't that just kick Satan in the teeth?

No comments:

Post a Comment